KatA.Brown.com Powered by NobleSol Art Group
• Visionary leader in the field of customer experience and product implementation
• Skilled public speaker, presenter, and trainer for a wide range of audiences
• Meticulous technical and professional writer and editor
• Highly effective manager of people and large-scale projects
• Experienced adult and K12 educator
• Respected customer/client liaison
March 2019- Edgenuity, Scottsdale, AZ (Based in Atlanta, GA)
Present Position: Director of Professional Development
Following the acquisition of Glynlyon by Weld North Education, transitioned from VP of Customer Success at
Glynlyon to Director of Professional Development for the combined service organization. Currently supporting a
field team of 46 Professional Development Specialists and four (4) regional managers in the delivery of high
quality professional learning services to teachers and administrators across the country.
January 2020- Present
The EdTech Genome Project
A sector-wide effort to understand what works, where, and why in Education Technology. Selected for variable working group on Professional Learning (Development) and Support.
Collaborated with group of 7 members to develop long and short definitions
Established key metrics for effective implementation in this area
March 2018- Glynlyon Inc. (Odysseyware), Chandler, AZ (Based in Atlanta, GA)
March 2019 Position: Vice President of Customer Success
Member of the senior leadership team responsible for the consolidation of all customer experience functions
under one department comprised of four (4) teams dedicated to customer support: Technical Support Call
Center, Tier 2 Elevated Support, Field Implementation, and Learning and Development.
• Rapidly rebranded and restructured Client Services, a team of 46 people, under Customer Success to
support both external customers and internal teams.
• Increased revenue recognition on paid training services by 75% in 2018 vs. 2017.
• Substantially decreased deferred revenue on training in 2018 vs. 2017.
• Achieved a 25% profit margin on the delivery of training services.
• Integrated the Technical Support Call center team in Rock Rapids, IA into the Customer Success team.
• Designed new pay rate and skill leveling model for the Technical Support team.
• Under Learning and Development, designed the framework for Glynlyon common onboarding for new
hires and the framework for Glynlyon Manager Academy and Glynlyon Leadership Development Academy.
July 2009- Achieve3000, Lakewood , NJ (Based in Atlanta, GA)
March 2018 Position: Regional Vice President, South Implementation
Responsible for the successful implementation of Achieve3000 web-based literacy solutions in 1400+ schools
throughout the South region and the management of 17 full-time Curriculum and Implementation Managers
and 10 seasonal employees across six states.
• In 2016, achieved $11 million in renewal revenue in the South/Southeast regions and achieved renewal
rates between 80%-87% yearly since 2010.
• Successfully managed the region with the most multi-million dollar and multi-year accounts as the
company increased from 50 million in revenue in 2010 to 88 million in 2016.
• Managed the growth in service deliverables from 1100 billable days in 2010 to over 2400 billable days in
2016 by expanding the South region implementation team from eight (8) to 27 team members
(dramatically decreasing employee turn-over during that period).
• 2014 Sales Partner of the Year award recipient.
• Led teams responsible for large district implementations in Miami-Dade Public Schools (FL), Palm Beach
County (FL), Orange Co. FL, Duval Co. FL, Charlotte Mecklenburg (NC), Rowan Co. (NC), Wake Co.
(NC), Atlanta Public Schools (GA), New Orleans (LA), Lafourche Parish (LA), Rankin Co. (MS), Henrico
Co. (VA), Horry Co.(SC), Charleston, Co. (SC), and many more
• Developed comprehensive communication, service delivery, and customer success plans for large
scale implementations resulting in program expansion and increased student achievement as measured by local
and state assessments.
• Developed student and teacher motivational/incentive programs to increase program usage resulting
in student Lexile gains and improved instructional practice.
• Regularly presented program data and results to key stakeholders including Superintendents, District
Leadership, Principals, and teachers to drive implementation fidelity and make data driven decisions.
• Provided ongoing support to internal cross-functional teams (Sales, Content Development, Operations,
Data, Customer Support, and Marketing) to meet revenue projections, product development goals, and resolve technical issues
• Developed and delivered high quality professional training to teachers and administrators to
encourage instructional best practices and program usage with fidelity.
Jan 2004- Kaplan K12 Learning Services, New York, NY
July 2009 Positions: Director, Implementation Northeast Region (New York)
National Account Manager/Senior Education Consultant (Georgia)
Responsible for the overall management and success of Kaplan K12 client partnerships throughout the
Northeast, in the School District of Manatee County (FL), St. Louis Public Schools (MO), and in Clayton Co. GA as
visionary leader in the Kaplan K12 CCS Division. Launched the L.A. Unified School District (CA) Academic
Coaching Partnership in October 2008.
• In NY, hired and trained 40 additional part-time presenters to deliver professional development to
teachers throughout NYC and the surrounding area. Trained hundreds of teachers to deliver test
preparation, reading intervention, and supplemental curriculum (print and technology) to students
• Assumed supervision of Kaplan K12 district-based implementation teams in St. Louis and Manatee
following internal restructuring as K12 embarked on a new business model developing content area
curriculum to support whole school reform solutions.
• Selected to lead a three-year, $10 M, secondary core curriculum and assessment implementation for
Clayton County Public Schools in Jonesboro, Georgia. Hired and trained seven (7) content area
consultants over a two-year period to support an estimated 1000 teachers across 26 schools serving an
estimated 53,000 students. Conducted numerous presentations and professional development sessions
for a variety of audiences including school board, central office administrators, principals, teachers, and
parents. Successfully guided a challenging contract renewal process during year two (2) and year three
(3) resulting in $4. 3M in revenue for the K12 division. Built district capacity to effectively transition all
implementation functions to central administrative personnel during the final year of the project
• In 2008, designed a 5-day training series to launch the LAUSD academic coaching partnership.
Conducted the training to prepare seven (7) former teachers to provide academic coaching support in
LAUSD. Provided senior consulting support to the L.A.- based project management team to initiate the
Feb 1999- CompassLearning, Maryland/ Washington, DC
Dec 2003 Positions: Account Executive Education Consultant
Developed and executed a marketing strategy for Maryland and the District of Columbia after being
promoted from Education Consultant.
• Designed territory plan to meet revenue goals
• Designed customized professional development for teachers and administrators to support technology
integration in the classroom.
Aug 1996- Montgomery Blair High School, Montgomery County Public Schools, Silver Spring, MD
Jan 1999 Position: English Teacher
Delivered reading, language arts, and writing instruction grades 9-12.
• Developed modified curriculum for the SPARC program serving 9th and 10th grade students reading
substantially below grade level
• Established assessment criteria to move students from SPARC to mainstream courses
• Served as Yearbook Advisor assisting students with the production, sale and distribution of the Yearbook
1993 BACHELOR OF ARTS
(BA) in English/ Minor: Secondary Education
Graduate Magna Sum Laude
Howard University, Washington, DC